Woodward Markwell Financial Advisers are accredited by Cyber Essentials. Cyber Essentials is a government-backed cyber security certification program that sets out a good baseline of cyber security for all organizations. In recognition of our commitment to cyber security, Woodward Markwell Financial Advisers has been awarded a certificate in recognition of this.
Consumer Duty Alliance
As of 12th April 2023, Woodward Markwell Financial Advisers are now a part of the Consumer Duty Alliance.
The Consumer Duty Alliance, launched 9 March 2023, is an independent, ‘not-for-profit’ professional body. It aims to support the personal finance sector in the adoption and implementation of the FCA’s Consumer Duty requirements through the alliance of like-minded individuals and firms.
By being part of this alliance, Woodward Markwell are committed to adhering to the Code of Professional Standards:
All individual Members and Associate firms of the Consumer Duty Alliance shall, always:
1. Act in good faith in all dealings with clients
2. Always avoid causing foreseeable harm to clients
3. Inform, empower, and support clients to pursue their financial needs, objectives, and aspirations
4. Fully disclose, clearly explain, and consciously mitigate any conflict of interest identified in our dealings with clients, including where commercial interests might conflict with a client’s best interest
5. Only offer products or services that are both suitable and needed, offering fair value and transparent pricing
6. Ensure clients receive the support they need when they need it
7. Embrace a focus on customer vulnerability including adherence to the Consumer Charter of the Financial Vulnerability Taskforce
Menopause & Me Employer’s Pledge
The Menopause & Me Employer’s Pledge is to ensure that our employees will receive support during this time.
By offering guidance to our employees to help them effectively support their colleagues, we will be able to create a more menopause-friendly work environment. As a result of this training, we will be more confident about managing conversations around the menopause with our colleagues and implementing this policy.
Financial Vulnerability Taskforce
Woodward Markwell are pleased to announce that we adhere to the 9 charters of The Financial Vulnerability Taskforce initiative introduce by the Personal Finance Society (PFS).
The Financial Vulnerability Taskforce is a newly created independent representative body covering the Personal Finance Sector. Its ultimate purpose is to promote greater UNDERSTANDING, encourage appropriate BEHAVIOURS and establish GOOD PRACTICE in respect of consumer vulnerability.
It will act as an informed source of positive influence on both policy makers, professionals and the general public alike. In doing so, we hope that our team are increasingly seen as a ‘safe pair of hands’, especially by those who find themselves in vulnerable circumstances. For further information on the Charter and the Taskforce, please see the below links to the Financial Vulnerability Taskforce Consumer Guide and a link to their website: https://www.fvtaskforce.com/
Gender Equality in Business Pledge
A more diverse workplace will deliver better results as a Suffolk business and for Suffolk as a whole, according to the Suffolk Chamber of Commerce. At Woodward Markwell we believe the Business Pledge is an opportunity for the company to be recognized as a supporter of gender diversity in the workplace.
Suffolk Chamber of Commerce gender equality act outlines a set of commitments that we must do to assess where they stand today, and to formally declare our support for gender equality at work. Commitments include:
1. Acknowledging and advancing equality in your business, in particular at board and senior management
2. identifying a board level/senior manager sponsor for equality and charter commitments
3. Removing any obstacles faced by employees
A. At major points of career development
B. In major points of life change, including (but not limited to) return to work post maternity/paternity working
C. Reviewing basic workplace provisions such as facilities, shift patterns, transport and flexible working
4. Supporting equality and diversity through all staff training (including the identification of unconscious bias in the workplace and in recruitment) and as to how you engage with your staff.
We strive to always meet the highest professional standards laid out by industry standards. Investing in staff translates to a better service.
We’re a business with history dating back to 1982 when we set out with the intention of becoming an industry leading financial advisor.
We pride ourselves on the personable service we deliver to all clients regardless of service. Our clients are our number 1 priority.